Getting started is easy! Follow these simple steps and Onyx Management Group (OMG) will soon be managing your investment so you can experience the hassle-free experience of doing business with OMG.
1. Contact Onyx Management Group
Give us a call at 215-355-0500 ext. 111 and let us know what you’re looking for. We can handle some of your management needs or all of them.
2. Terminate Current Contract
If you currently have a property manager that you would like to terminate:
- Check your current property management contract to see what type of notice is required. It is typical that you will be required to give a written 30 day notice. If possible, call the property manager to see if they will accept a shorter notice. Many will, especially if they know that you are not happy with how they handle your assets. If you do not have a written contract, you can assume 30 days is required.
- Compose a brief letter such as a sample below:
To Whom It May Concern:
As of _____________ (date), your services at ______________ (property address), will no longer be required. A representative of Onyx Management Group, my new property management service provider will be in touch with you prior to the termination date to pick up keys and any pertinent files. Please send remaining funds from my account directly to me and the tenant's security deposits to Onyx Management Group at the following address:
Onyx Management Group, Inc.
301 Lakeside Drive
Southampton, PA 18966
- Send a copy of the termination notice letter to Onyx Management Group.
3. Notify Your Current Tenants
Compose a letter notifying your current tenants as to the change in the property management. We can help you distribute this letter by enclosing a copy of it along with our welcome letter to the tenants introducing Onyx Management Group, our services and policies.
4. Property Inspection by Onyx
We would like to inspect your property(s) and if needed give you a list of suggestions in order to maximize your marketability.
5. Submit Required Documents
Along with a signed copy of our MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT, W-9 and CONSUMER NOTICE you need to provide Onyx Management Group with the following items (if applicable) in order to ensure a smooth transition.
IF PROPERTY IS RENTED:
- Copy of your Photo ID (i.e. driver's license). - Any reports or records of lead-based paint, mold or other hazards on the property.
- Proof of ownership (deed or HUD-1).
- Copies of all recent bills, including mortgage, property tax, home waranty, insurance and utilities.
- Name and phone of your vendors, including gardening, trash and laundry.
- Name and phone number of Property Manager, and copy of employee contract.
- Article of Corporation (For Corporate Clients)
- Rent roll, including:
- Name, address and phone number of tenant
- Copies of leases
- Amount of security deposit, date and amount of last rent raise, balances owed and last rent payment
- Copies of keys
- Pending inspections, if any, such as Section 8
IF PROPERTY IS VACANT:
- Copy of your Photo ID (i.e. driver's license). - Rental Agreement [Click to open PDF].
- Proof of ownership (deed or HUD-1).
- Any reports or records of lead-based paint, mold or other hazards on the property
- Copies of keys including storerooms, laundry, garage opener and pool tags
6. Sign Agreement with Onyx
After discussing recommendations and reaching an agreement, you will sign a contract with Onyx Management Group for a minimum of one year.
THAT WOULD BE IT! There will be some additional details. But we’ll make sure to cover them all with you. Most of all, we would like to help improve bottom line, gain confidence and trust, and return back to your normal life style.
7. Next Steps
We will begin sending you your monthly report on the beginning of the month. You will be able to enjoy your investment free from the day to day responsibilities.
Click to go to Step 2 - Request Onyx Proposal for Management